When: Sunday, June 3, 2-430pm
Where: Sports Basement Berkeley, 2727 Milvia St.
You went to school to learn to be a therapist, not to learn to run a business. But a successful private practice is a business. Can you learn all the skills you need on your own? Or should you hire experts to do some things for you? When do you need a Business Associate Agreement for HIPAA compliance? Do you need a confidentiality agreement if you use a bookkeeper?
Join us on June 3, 2018, for “The Business of Your Private Practice,” and get all your questions answered in one place.
This training will feature a variety of business professionals who support therapists in private practice. Topics featured will include:
- How professional bookkeeping services can save you time and mone
- Managing payroll for Associates/Psych Assistants, and what you need to know about employment law
- The legal and financial aspects of forming an S-Corporation vs. an LLC
- The benefits of professional tax advice and planning
- Shopping for worker’s comp and other business insurance
- Financial planning for your business and life goals
- Consultation and supplemental supervision – when you should reach out, and how they can help you grow your practice
Learn how to build a practice that is financially, legally, and ethically sound in order to protect your income and your investment.
With the right support, you can spend less time teaching yourself how to run a business, and more time with your clients and family!
RSVP by sending an email today.
We’ll be holding our training in the community room at Sports Basement in Berkeley, Sunday June 3 from 2pm – 430pm. Sports Basement is at 2727 Milvia St in Berkeley. Parking is available in the area, and the Ashby BART station is 0.6 miles away, so approximately a 12-minute walk.
The event is free for AFTNC members; a $5-$10 sliding scale donation is suggested for non-members. Light refreshments will be provided.
AFTNC members can get 2 CEUs for free for attending. Non-members can get 2 CEUs for just $20. Or you can join as a member: Just $105 will pay your dues through October 2019 – no renewal hassles for 18 months!
Continuing Education is provided by Bay Area Family Therapy Training Associates (BAFTTA) through the California Psychological Association.